Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic games

I love sports but I am not crazy about watching different sports. But the Olympic Games are international games and it was very interesting to follow the results. It's a competition between lots of countries. It's an image of all countries. Every player tried to show the best of their country.

I didn't watch all the games. But I tried to find out about the results every day. It was very interesting for me to know what country won the competition (or event) and in what sport. Also it was even more interesting for me to watch the results because I like the Russian team. I am Ukrainian but my native language is Russian but I can speak Ukrainian easily. Many of my relatives live in Russia. The history of Ukraine and Russia is connected. It has common roots.

I was in Sochi when I was a little girl. It's a very beautiful place in Russia. This was an important reason why I watched the results. I loved the opening and closing ceremonies. Russia tried to showcase to the world its history, music, literature, circus, dances, and all things creative. It's a huge country with a rich history.

It was strong field of competition. Canada was the best in hockey. Russia was strong in figure skating, and other countries were strong in other kinds of sport. These games connected the whole world. The 17 days were amazing. The world was watching these games, and it was very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment